Al Lang Stadium
Al Lang Stadium opened in 1977, replacing Al Lang Field which was built in 1947. It was also in 1977 that St. Petersburg civic leaders first pitched the idea of becoming home for the regular season. A two-decade dream to bring Major League Baseball to St. Pete was realized with the arrival of the Tampa Bay Rays to Tropicana Field in 1998.
To ensure that all guests have a safe and enjoyable
visit to Al Lang Stadium, the following items are prohibited:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Outside food or beverages
- Animals (except for animals that assist people with disabilities)
- Audio recording equipment
- Bottles, cans or other beverage containers
- Hard Sided Coolers
- Bags and purses larger than 16" x 16" x 8"
- Ice Chests
- Illegal substances
- Laser Pointers
- Noisemaking devices such as bells, bullhorns, whistles, etc.
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Motorized scooters such as segways
- Sticks, bats, poles or clubs
- Video or movie cameras
- Weapons (guns, knives, mace, handcuffs, nightstick, caps, blackjacks, etc.)
- Anything that can be used as a projectile or deemed dangerous